The AMF Futsal World Championships (previously called the FIFUSA Futsal World Championships) is the international championships for futsal, the indoor version of football organized by FIFUSA (1971–2002) and AMF (2003–present).
The world championship tournament was held every three years until 2003, and now is played every four years. The first event was held in 1982 in Brazil. The South American teams have won most of the championships, with Colombia and Paraguay as the most successful teams with 3 titles each.
Since 2008, a women’s tournament is also held. As of 2017, three tournaments have been played: the 2008 edition in Catalonia, 2013 edition in Colombia and 2017 edition in Catalonia.
AMF host a number of International tournaments from World Club Team Championships, Confederation Tournaments to World Cup Tournaments, below are just some of the tournaments that you can compete in to represent their countries.
- World Games – Men’s, every 4 years – Next is in 2021.
- AMF Women’s World Cup, every 4 years. – Next is in 2021.
- AMF Men’s World Cup, every 4 years. – Next is in 2023.
- Under 20 World Cup, every 4 years.
- Youth World Cup – every 4 years.
- Youth Women World Cup – every 4 years.
- Junior World Cups – to be advised.
- AMF International and National tournaments for clubs, annually